Sunday, February 27, 2011

The aftermath of Yemen...

Isn't this pathetic? While I was away, Bennett got sick too...then Ridge! Our house was a hospital for a couple of weeks after my return. It feels like we're just now getting back to normal!
Isn't she a doll? That's me, wearing her daddy's coat, in the background 'posing' for our long-awaited picture together for her lifebook!


I scheduled my last day in Yemen as a personal day. I was looking forward to reading my book, shopping in the market, and having some down time to catch up on my e-mails. Instead, I spent the day at my tour agency's office vomiting. I got sick, really sick. Food poisoning we all assume.
The most disappointing part was I had scheduled a long layover in Oman to visit with my very first clients. I helped them with the adoption of their daughter. It was the first time I would get to meet her. We did try to visit, but I ended up spending my time in the bathroom...on the floor, while they ate. I was so disappointed. I went back to the airport hospital and stayed there until my flight left. I couldn't even walk. I was wheeled from point to point vomiting along the way. I seemed to get more and more sick as the day passed. Would you believe a random stranger, a Pilipino nun, took it upon herself to help me the entire wait? She brought me water, trashcans, watched my stuff, and delivered cool rags for my forehead. Amazing. Then, on flight from Oman to KL, I was traveling with loads of Hungarians! Qatar Airlines started a new route Bud-Oman-Phuket, so many Magyars were en-route to sunny skies. I was so sick I didn't even attempt to speak to them. Bummer!

No comments:

Post a Comment